Welcome to the online UK Slots guide to free no-deposit bonuses offered by UK casinos! In this blog, we will shed some light on the various bonuses provided by casinos, with a particular focus on online casino bonus no deposit promos, including their pros and cons and how you claim them. With the help of our handy tips, you will be able to choose the right bonus for you, and possibly even win some real money as a result - all without having invested a single penny of your own. What’s not to like?
What kinds of bonuses do online casinos offer?
No-deposit bonuses are a popular online casino promotion but they are not the only kind of offer you will find. Here is a quick breakdown of the different online casino bonuses you can choose from.
- Free spins: free spins bonuses are promotions specifically for online slot games, which have been burgeoning in popularity over the last few years. They give players an allotted number of complimentary spins to use on a slot game - generally, this will be an established and very popular slot, but sometimes it could be a brand new slot. Typically, these offers are targeted at new players, as the casino attempts to attract them with its wares and hopefully gain new loyal customers.
- Bonus credit: with this kind of offer, instead of free spins, you are given a set amount of bonus credit to use on casino games. These bonuses are often more flexible than free spins as they are not tied to a particular game.
- No-deposit bonuses: as the name suggests, these offers do not require players to make any deposit. They will give you a set amount of free spins, or perhaps some bonus credit, to use on a particular slot or casino game, without having to pay a penny. Free online casino bonuses no deposit offers are particularly sought after, particularly if they come with low wagering requirements - or even no wagering requirements at all.
- Bonuses with deposit: these offers require players to pay a deposit, usually of £10 but sometimes more, and in return you will be given a generous amount of free spins or bonus credit. In fact, sometimes you can get up to 500 free spins, as with our own welcome promotion, which could net you 500 free spins on Starburst (Full Ts & Cs Apply).
- Cashback bonuses: many casino bonuses are targeted at new players, but cashback bonuses are one of several offers aimed at existing players. Often these bonuses are offered to players once they have amassed a certain amount of losses; the casino will use these losses to calculate a cashback bonus offer to repay some of the money. The amount you may receive can vary widely depending on what casino you are with, but is generally somewhere between 5 and 30% of your losses.
- Exclusive bonuses: exclusive bonuses are exactly as they sound - offers tailored to a particular set of players, which they sometimes receive from an affiliate website of the casino.
What you should know before you claim a no-deposit bonus
While no-deposit bonuses are certainly popular and beneficial for both players and casinos, they should never be accepted blindly as each offer comes with a set of terms and conditions which you need to read through closely. These terms and conditions will contain some important limitations which you will need to be aware of before you claim the offer. These limitations include:
- Wagering requirements
Wagering requirements are the most frustrating part of any online casino offer, as they represent an obstacle placed between you and your potential winnings. If you are not familiar with the concept, wagering requirements are the number of times you must playthrough your bonus before you can start to claim any winnings for yourself. These requirements are usually somewhere between 30x and 65x, though they can go as high as 80x - this is considered beyond the pale, however, so 65x will generally be the highest you will find. Because of the limitations they impose, players will often actively seek out no-wagering free slots, or offers with the lowest wagering requirements they can find.
- Time limit
Just like milk, all casino offers come with an expiry date beyond which you cannot use them, so you must make sure you read through the terms and conditions properly to make sure you check the time limit. These can differ quite a lot from offer to offer, from as little as 24 hours to as much as 30 days.
- Winnings caps
Winnings caps are a limit imposed by online casinos on how much players can win using a certain bonus offer. In other words, you are only allowed to win a set amount of money. Some casinos are more generous with this amount than others, so, again, it pays to read those T’s and C’s very carefully to see how generous your casino’s winnings cap is.
Top casino games to play using a free bonus
When it comes to selecting which offers you go for, it is wise to check out the slots that are linked to those offers, as some slots pay out more than others. For example, low volatility slots provide more frequent payouts than high volatility slots, and slots with a higher RTP (e.g. more than 96%) are far more likely to give you some solid returns. With this in mind, here are some slots that could definitely be worth your while if you happen to find a no-deposit bonus attached to them:
Starburst is one of the best loved slots in the world, and, subsequently, is also a popular choice for online casinos when it comes to picking a free slot for their welcome promotion. This low volatility slot offers regular payouts and an amazing special feature known as Starburst Wilds which could bring you a total of 500x your stake.
- Rainbow Riches Pick ‘n’ Mix
Rainbow Riches Pick ‘n’ Mix can have an RTP of up to 98%, if you use the Big Bet Bonus feature. This vibrant 5-reel video slot comes with 20 paylines and a max win from one spin of up to 500x your stake.
Bloodsuckers is a great option for a casino bonus as it comes with a stellar RTP of 98%, as well as being low variance. In addition, this NetEnt slot boasts a free spins feature with a 3x multiplier, giving you more opportunities for some great wins.
Why are UK bonus offers worse than non-UK bonus offers?
If you have spent some time comparing casino offers from the UK and casino offers from abroad, then you may have become aware of a marked discrepancy between the generosity of non-UK offers and the relative lack thereof when it comes to UK offers. This is due to the harsher restrictions placed upon UK casinos by the UK Gambling Commission, in a bid to prevent some more dubious UK casinos from swindling new players with deliberately misleading terms and conditions. While this move by the UKGC is undoubtedly a good thing, it does mean that UK bonus offers often fall short of non-UK offers, which can come with higher spins or bonus credit and fewer wagering requirements.
Another reason that UK bonuses aren’t as good as non-UK bonuses is because many UK casinos have Gamstop, which offers a measure of security for players but can be limiting when it comes to promotions.
As a result, you may be tempted to try out bonuses from non-UK online casinos which accept UK players. Before you do, though, it would be wise to weigh up the risks beforehand, as these non-UK casinos will not be bound by the rules of Gamstop or the UKGC and will not be as secure as UK casinos.
Can you win real money with a no-deposit bonus?
This is always a burning question asked by players who are new to online casino bonuses, and the happy answer is, yes of course you can win real money using a no-deposit bonus. The amount you can win will be subject to a winnings cap but, depending on the offer, you could still potentially win between £100 and £200, which will be a welcome addition to your bank balance. And all without having to spend a single penny of your own!
Here at Slots UK, we hope this guide to free no-deposit casino bonuses will prove to be a handy tool as you decide which offers are worth your while and which to avoid. If you are new to us, don’t forget to register and take advantage of our very own welcome offer, which gives you the chance to win up to 500 free spins on Starburst if you are lucky.
*Any Free Spins/Welcome Bonuses References are subject to the following: NEW PLAYERS ONLY, MIN DEPOSIT £10, £8 MAX WIN PER 10 SPINS, MAX BONUS EQUAL TO LIFETIME DEPOSITS (UP TO £250), 65X WAGERING REQUIREMENTS AND FULL T&CS APPLY.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.